           From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: RE: G parts car
           From: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
      3. Re: RE: G parts car
           From: Kraus300@xxxxxxxxxxx
      4. Re: RE: G parts car
           From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. 300K Interior Paint
           From: "langendorfer" <langendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: RE: G parts car
           From: "NANCY TERRY" <nterry2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: 300K Interior Paint
           From: Redwoodlse@xxxxxxx
      8. Re: RE: G parts car
           From: paul holmgren <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Another Year
           From: jlsavard@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: 300K Interior Paint
           From: Gary Barker <gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:59:47 EST
   From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: G parts car

In a message dated 12/29/2003 9:40:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mjvath@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Pleeeease don't part them out! Save the detroit whales!
>
> There's allllmost no degree of rust that can't be remedied to a safe level.
> Not every car has to be a show car...floor pans and trunk floors aren't
> worth scrapping a letter car. Further,
> 1. Flopping quarters add character and shed water faster.
> 2. Rusted headlight buckets make a great whistle to keep deer off the
> roadway.
> 3. Trunk floors made of stop signs are thicker than new...just strap the gas
> tanks to L-brackets.
> 4. Trunk lip rails aren't structurally critical &the rain water will just
> drain through the rusted quarters.
> 5. Floor rust improves cabin air circulation and improves Fung Shui.
> 6. Many Sun-Belt states don't require inspection....
> 7. A soft spot (or 3) in the uni-body / frame add excitement -- and lighten
> the car for faster E.T.s.
> 8. Beach towels are great seatcovers. Chicks dig 'em.
> 9. You won't cry after accidentally scratching a primered fender.
> 10. There's no shame in a bit of bungee and a dab of duct tape.
>
> Gosh, there must be more reasons not to part them out.   Since more than
> half of the lettercars built have already been scrapped, surely there must
> be enough parts in circulation to resurrect the remaining ones?
>
> This public service announcement brought to you by the Association for
> Junkyard Addicts.
>
> vath
> Pres. Junk
>

> (merry Christmas!)

Mike---well said on the POTENTIAL partscar lettercars!  Enjoyed you "top ten"
list. For many years now, it has been my policy to never even consider a
lettercar a parts car.  Believe me, that philosophy has been tested recently while
trying to find parts for my F convert resto while having 3 more of them back
in the storage building!     300ly, Gil

Message: 2