           From: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. 61 CHRYSLER  HELP
           From: MOPARMARX@xxxxxxx
      3. 300 M Special
           From: Val Jeffers <edward1108@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:09:29 -0800
   From: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 300Ms for sale

Jim and list,

You said:

<Around a couple of years ago, someone listed a 300E convertible at a
starting price of $50,000 (it sold at that price).  He convinced ebay to
establish a new category for the 300E, besides the already existing 300
and
300M categories.  Thus, when someone lists a 300M, they may elect to also
have the car in the 300E category.  Believe it or not, some 300M owners
don't know what a 300E is.  Or they figure that they will get more viewers
of their listing, and probably a higher price at the end of the auction.
Others who list older letter cars sometimes also decide to use the 300E
category rather than the more generic 300 category.  I have seen quite a
few
older letter cars including 300Js etc. under the 300E category, with an
apology in the finer print that 300E was the only selection and that "it
is
not a 300E".  Obviously, most people who have older letter car stuff to
sell
select the 300 category>

In my opinion, this is an unfortunate evolution of postings for 300s on
ebay.  A method such as this goes a long way toward confusion and
ignorance of what letter cars and 300s in general are.  I would hope that
Club members do their part in setting the record straight with any dealing
they have with ebay or sellers of 300s, that the 300E is a unique car in
it's own right, just as all 300s are from the C300 to the 300M.  There
should be NO 300E or any other letter for that matter associated with the
300M.

Bob J

Message: 2