      1. Re: 57 C engine
           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: VIN's an Body Plates
           From: "RON KURTZ" <Mark268@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: '62 Chrysler 300 found
           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. FW: HD Bars for late '50s Chrysler
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. (no subject)
           From: veeech@xxxxxxx
      6. possible 55-56 parts car
           From: "David Schwandt" <finsrus@xxxxxxxx>
      7. rebuilt GJC 7001 auto-lite generator
           From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Chrysler 300 Parts - mostly 300E
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Ball and Trunion (B&T) conversion
           From: jrcote56@xxxxxxx
     10. G trunk floor replacement
           From: "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Ball and Trunion (B&T) conversion
           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Changing sway bar bushings
           From: "langendorfer" <langendorfer@xxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: VIN's an Body Plates
           From: "Kelly Pierce" <jkrestor300@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Ball and Trunion (B&T) conversion
           From: mr-320@xxxxxxxxx
     15. '57 Cont top switch
           From: "Vath, Michael J." <mjvath@xxxxxxxxx>
     16. Spring Meet
           From: "M. Vannice" <mavche@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:12:24 -0800
   From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 57 C engine

Just drop the distributor in, with the rotor on no. 1 position, and see how
it looks.The main reason for the slot being aligned is so some garage
mechanic, tuning up the car later will be able to know  which wire to hook
his timing light up to. The distributor will work just fine, whever it is,
as long as the rotor is pointed at the right wire when it fires.As long as
the vacumn advance is in the right area so you have room to turn it to set
the the timing, you can use either spot on either side of straight ahead.

Mike

At 02:37 PM 3/15/02 -0500, vhelbling@xxxxxxx wrote:
>        I'm in the process of reassembling the engine for my 57 C.  The cam
>has been installed after regrind by iskenderian.  Timing marks are lined up
>and the timing of the cam checks ok with a degree wheel.  When I install the
>distributor driveshaft, the Chrysler manual says the slot in the shaft that
>drives the distributor should be parallel to the centerline of the crank.  I
>cannot get the slot parallel.  It is before the centerline as I install it,
>and after the centerline if I move it 1 tooth.  Has anyone had this problem?
>If the distributor can be turned to compensate, which way should the slot
>favor, slightly ahead of the centerline or after it?  I appreciate any
>help...thanks

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm