           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Hemi searches
           From: "Vath, Michael J." <mjvath@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. 55 Chrysler 300 huh??
           From: Brian Hagen <brian.hagen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: 55 Chrysler 300 huh??
           From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Bizarre C300 rebody
           From: "JONES,DOUG (A-USA,ex3)" <doug_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Bizarre C300 rebody
           From: paulholm <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:11:04 -0500
   From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 300C vs '57 LeBaron Wheel Covers

Monday morning brain teaser for you C owners!

John Cote has a couple of '57 Imperial LeBaron wheel covers (okay,
"hubcaps") which that Graefen guy's C Handbook says are the
identical cover to the 300C except painted differently.

BUT, John also has a C hubcap and there are differences between the
covers when they are placed next to each other.   John writes:

"   The centers are identical, being stainless and 3 bolt-on fins
exactly the
same. Also the measurement of the center as to size are identical.
Neither
the 300C or LeBaron caps have any part numbers on the back as most
of my '56
NY caps have.   These caps are identical in every way except for
the red area width and the outer mating surface depth.
The red ring area on the LeBaron cap (currently unpainted) is 15/16
inch
versus 1 and 1/16 inch on the C cap.
The depth of the surface mating to the outside of the "red ring"
area is 2
and 1/16 inch on the LeBaron versus 1 and 3/4 inch on the C cap.
These two
surfaces' dimensions are the only variations.
The differences in the two caps are more obvious when you actually
look at
the caps from the back where you can see the surface distances and
it is
clearly obvious that the LeBaron cap's center portion extends closer
to what
would be the wheel surface when mounted on a wheel.  "

Has anyone ELSE experienced this difference?  Does anyone have
LeBaron covers for further comparison?  Does anyone know if Chrysler
had more than one supplier for their wheel covers?
Do I have to make a change to the C Handbook?

Thanks, Wayne

Message: 2