      1. Ignition electrical problems
           From: "Thomas L. DeBusk" <cfdebusk@xxxxxx>
      2. Re: Ignition electrical problems
           From: "Thomas L. DeBusk" <cfdebusk@xxxxxx>
      3. Need another Chrysler 2 door ht 65 parts car
           From: Py426Hemi@xxxxxxx
      4. Heater/AC Box
           From: "Jennifer Allyn" <gearhead.girl@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:47:29 -0400
   From: "Thomas L. DeBusk" <cfdebusk@xxxxxx>
Subject: Ignition electrical problems

Hi, folks,

This is my first post to the list. I'm trying to get my '55 300 started.
I've made much progress on this car, which hasn't run in 15-20 years.
But it hasn't coughed yet.

Brief rundown:

Motor turns over with the starter, but slowly, and there's no spark when
I try to make one between a plug wire and the engine block, or the coil
center wire and the block.

I replaced the points, which were very corroded and weren't opening. Now
gapped at .017. Also replaced condenser, rotor, and distributor cap.
Still no spark. Swapped in coil from my '52 Saratoga. That's a good
coil, and still no fire.

Nothing happens when I use the key at the ignition switch, so I have
that switch turned to the "on" position and I'm doing this by shorting
at the ignition relay.

Suggestions?

Incidentally, this car was missing the "Chrysler 300" script & numbers
on both rear fenders when I bought it. I thought. Tonight I was looking
for a valve spring compressor tool I'd bought and thought I left it in
the 300. So poking around the 300 looking for the tool I discovered a
little ziploc bag falling out from under the rear seat. It had
everything for both sides, except for the final "er" on one side. All
together now: Gimme an "e"! Gimme and "r". Now what would I got?
"Chrysler 300" (x2)!

Thomas

--
1952 Chrysler Saratoga club coupe