           From: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
      2. 58 300D Power Windows
           From: William Huff <whuff@xxxxxxxxxx>
      3. New letter car in Italy
           From: "Antonello Jelitro" <mopar@xxxxxx>
      4. KYBs for a 300C
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:03:59 EST
   From: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
Subject: PPG Paint Library

OK guys -

       About a wek or so ago, someone posted a link to the PPG paint
library.
 Can someone please send it to me directly?
Thanks,

Pete Fitch

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 01:18:46 -0800
   From: William Huff <whuff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 58 300D Power Windows

Hi All,

Many thanks to all who responded and helped me with my power window
problem.  After trying everything suggested and every other thing I could
think of, I finally removed the whole regulator/motor assembly.  I found
the motor gearbox was stiff, when disassembled, it was bone dry, the
grease
was long gone, looked like some water had gotten in at some time and the
gears were worn to razor sharp points with lots of slack and little mesh
left.  Took the driver side apart and it is virtually the same.  No wonder

they made grinding noises that I thought were mis-aligned or
non-lubricated
regulator parts.

Rather than try to make these worn gears serve beyond the call, if anyone
has a left and/or right side gear box or innards they would be willing to
part with, please write me privately and let me know.

Thanks,

Bill Huff

 > Hi Group,
 >

 > I have a 1958 300D with a power window that is giving me fits. The
 > passenger door window will only move up and down slowly with hand
 > assistance. It appears to cock sideways to the front slightly when
starting
 > to move up and only by shifting it back by hand can it continue slowly
up.
 > The power window motor has been checked out and runs fine, the gearbox
 > appears to move smoothly. Window switch has been bypassed, good power
and
 > ground confirmed. I cannot cock the window by hand, all the fittings
appear
 > tight. I have loosened all the guides and channels with no change. Any
 > hints on working on these window? Is there way to re-lubricate the gear
box?

 > Thanks,
 >
 > Bill Huff

Message: 3