      1. Re: Engine Color
           From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
      2. Cocktails? I'll Buy Dinner
           From: Kraus300@xxxxxxxxxxx
      3. Cocktails? I'll Buy Dinner
           From: Kraus300@xxxxxxxxxxx
      4. Testing
           From: "Mark Schueller" <f41324@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. 300C Front Brakes (take 6)
           From: "Mark Schueller" <f41324@xxxxxxxxxx>
      6. '65 Chrysler Radio
           From: "bennett" <bennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Cocktails? I'll Buy Dinner
           From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Watkins Glen
           From: "Bob Merritt Simplex Mfg" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Good experience buying used parts
           From: "Tim Tomlinson" <tomlin@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. 65-up C-body headers
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Good experience buying used parts
           From: "Kelly Pierce" <jkrestor300@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:41:02 EST
   From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Engine Color

Hi Gary:
I use the regular Plasticote black engine enamel on the engine itself.
The
brackets (do you mean motor mounts?) are black for the most part, but seem
have an unpainted area around where they attach to the frame.  They were
not
painted with the engine.  Do not forget to install the sparkplug wire
brackets
which are retained by the four extreme corner head bolts.  These were, of
course, painted with the engine.  I initially was not aware of them, so
had to
remove the exhaust manifolds  to remove the affected head bolts and insert
the
darn things!  The driveshaft and U-joints should be natural.  Of course
the rams
are the Cummins engine red.  Hope this helps out.   300ly, gil

Message: 2