           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Power Steering Advice Needed!
           From: trkosky@xxxxxxx
      3. Interior reconstruction
           From: GERALD OLSON <olson77@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Classic Exhaust
           From: Matts Wignell <wiggson@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. SALVAGE YARD DIRECTORY
           From: "PaddyCaddy ." <paddycaddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Power Steering Advice Needed!
           From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Classic Exhaust
           From: xramkroozer@xxxxxx
      8. Re: Power Steering Advice Needed!
           From: "John L. Chesnutt" <chesnutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: K transmission cooler lines
           From: greektruck@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: K transmission cooler lines
           From: greektruck@xxxxxxx
     11. 64 chrysler300
           From: "Johnnie Slayton" <Jslayton@xxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:12:27 -0600
   From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 57 C  Hood hinge, springs, oil tube color

Jay, this is all covered in my 300C Handbook and you really shouldn't even
TOUCH the car without THE BOOK.  :>)  (I'm proud to be humble.)

Hood springs and hinges were painted body color because they were
installed prior to the paint line.
Oil fill tube and valley cover were of course already installed when the
motor was painted aluminum silver.
Then the BLACK oil cap was installed.
Wire wheels WERE NOT a factory approved accessory in '57 but dealers had
them in parts inventory and numerous '57 cars had them and the 15" tires
added at the dealerships.   The repro wires, which have an incorrect spoke
count, have proven they have no safety issues over the years.

Wayne

------