           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. rebuilding '64 413 motor
           From: greg moore <gdmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. 300s WANTED FOR NATIONAL MAGAZINE
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: rebuilding '64 413 motor
           From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Re: rebuilding '64 413 motor
           From: <smopar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. '64 300K conv. door sills...
           From: limegreencuda@xxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:51:52 -0800
   From: Mike Apfelbeck <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: electric choke wiring

Del,
You could hook the electric choke wires up to the 12v. (switch) side of
the
ballast resistor.
The brake light switch could be sticking, pull one of the wires off the
switch at the master cylinder to check.
Mike

At 10:03 PM 12/3/2003 -0500, a61300g wrote:
>Hello All,
>    Installing electric chokes on my G and need advice on where to hook
up
>the wiring.  Hooked up to the rear top oil pressure sender with poor
>results.  Should I route thru firewall to ignition switch or does someone
>know better way ??  Also have a problem with the left ( and sometimes
both )
>brake lights staying on after car is shut off - could be short in brake
>light switch ??  All other lighting functions are normal.  Thanks in
advance
>for any help.
>
>Del Kerney

Message: 2
   Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:11:55 -0800
   From: greg moore <gdmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: rebuilding '64 413 motor

I have just started the process of rebuilding my 300K convertable.  We
pulled the413 non-crossram motor for rebuild.  The car will be a summer
driver and will bore & hone for new pistons .020 - .060 ? the block goes
out next week.  I have been told to switch to the 516 or newer heads?  I
plan to put in hardened seats and some minor porting and have blue print
and balance the motor by a local high quality shop.  He feels that the
1.60 valve is to small but is the biggest that should be installed with
current heads?  He thinks a mild purple cam is fine for my application.
I know this is a can of worms to open but I would appreciate knowing
what others have done, what worked well and what to avoid.

Message: 3