[Chrysler300] Re: Thank you Al Gore

In a message dated 4/14/2004 10:14:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dnkjones@xxxxxxxxxx
 writes:
Having heard this particular fable one time
too many, it must be pointed out that Al Gore never claimed to have invented
the internet.  He did claim to be one of the first sponsors for government
funding of what became the internet, which is true.
        Sorry Jones, what you have just said is NOT true at all, it is your
Democrat spin. Al Gore did not say "I was one of the first sponsors for
government funding", as you have said. You are putting words in his mouth. What he
DID say was "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the internet." VERBATIM. Granted, he did not say "I invented
the internet", but that is just as valid an interpretation of his statement as
your interpretation is, if not more so. Now let's get back to 300's before
John Hertog gets mad.

300F'ly,

Roger Karlson

Yahoo! Groups Links