SV: [Chrysler300] '55 windshield install

SV: [Chrysler300] '55 windshield install

John,
as far as I remember, my installation back in 99 was simplified by removal
of the padded dash and all garnish. Otherwise we were two guys (yes, the
other was a pro) with the proper tools and lots of time, starting by fitting
the windshield into the rubber (all Goers) and using the rope to pull the
assembly in place. We tried both the top first and the other way around
before success was made, a pity I do not remeber which way that did work. I
also remember having to use the tools/sticks over and over again to get all
rubber in the correct position (the rear window is anyhow harder to fit).
Final trimming and glueing together the rubber ends was done with the
windshield in place. No cracks, no water leaks afterwards. To sum it up,
plenty of time and at least one attendant with skills should do the work.

(If you bend the dash-top slightly by its center, it is easy installed even
with the windshield in place)

Narve
NORWAY