Re: [Chrysler300] The Great Race

Hi All:
I was downtown last night to help welcome Chad, his crew, and the other cars
to Tallahassee.  He said the "D" was doing fine, and actually had a chance to
run at some "300 speeds" when time had to be made up.  Apparently some of our
long, straight Florida roads suited that just fine!  Tonight's stop is
Columbus, GA.
Those of you who live near towns the racers are passing thru, or
overnighting, should really make the effort to see the cars, and as Dan said, cheer Chad,
and his 300D on.  it is a very good show as the cars and drivers are
introduced and their times given as they arrive. The selection of cars is really great,
and it is quite surprising what some are intending to drive 4000 miles in!
Most are very well prepared, however.  Mopars of note included a couple
'46-'48 Chrysler Windsors (one of which was purchased on ebay last week and driven
to Jacksonville to start the race!); an unrestored, very original '59 Windsor;
and a '38 Dodge truck with a wooden flat bed.   These were the most memorable,
but there were several others. All the cars are well worth seeing, and it is
great fun talking with the drivers and crews.              300ly, Gil
Cunningham

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used