Re: [Chrysler300] 1961 G HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Re: [Chrysler300] 1961 G HEADLIGHT SWITCH

In a message dated 6/23/2004 5:19:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
glo-sas@xxxxxxx writes:

Hello  out there - I need a new switch that controls the headlights and the
panel  lights.  Any ideas where I can locate one?  The shaft on the old one
pulled out and now the panel llights will not adjust and the headlights  only
come on with difficulty.  Help, and thanks.   Nathan  H. Harris

Nathan,

As I recall, the way that some headlight switches are removed from the
dashboard is to reach up under the dash and push a little "lock button" on the
headlight switch while pulling the knob and shaft out of the switch.  That
enables you to unscrew the decorative nut from the front of the dash and remove
the switch from the back.

When you replace the switch, the last part of the procedure is to just push
the knob and shaft back into the switch until it snaps into place.

Is there a possibility that you've not pushed the knob all the way into the
switch, or that a little lube is needed?

Just a thought.....

Joe  Savard
Lake Orion, MI

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used