Re: [Chrysler300] 64 K drums... removal - reply

Re: [Chrysler300] 64 K drums... removal - reply

Hi all

I will jump in here as I ran into the hardest drum to pull that anyone
could find.
Tension and heat are the winning combo to get a stubborn drum off. One
thing that is most over looked is to liberally grease the threads of the
tension bolt before you start. If you don't you will be defeating your
efforts as the threads will be galling and not adding tension. Tighten and
hit, tighten and hit. If it does not come loose after a couple of tries
then you must heat it up. The one I refer to I stood on a 24" adjustable
wrench and still had to heat the hub to the point in just started to get
red. Then it popped off.

Gary

At 07:42 AM 07/19/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>The trict to the three arm puller is to wack the handle tight and then give
>the end towards the drum a good wack.  If it still does not pop off, wack
>handle tight again and smack the end of the handle again.  It should pop off.
>
>Be sure to apply anti-seize concound to the spindle so the next time it will
>pop off the first try.
>
>I will assume you removed the cotter pin and castileted nut before you
>applied the puller.
>
>Crash
>300-Kustomized K convert

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx