From: Gary Nelson [mailto:garythepartsdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 12:30 AM
To: Philippe Courant; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] fuel pump

Philippe

When you say you checked the filter I will assume you are referring to the
ceramic at carb. Often over looked is the so called "sock" filter on the
end of the fuel pick up tube in the gas tank. It is a fine mesh and will
plug solid and starve out the best pump. Anyone who does not know the
condition of that filter should consider changing it.
In stock, $10 while they last. Also new seal rings for the sender when
replaced, $3.

On another subject I spoke w/ club member Rob in Oklahoma today. He is
wrapping up his C that sounds to be very nice except for the PS pump he
needs rebuilt. He brought up the subject how nice my hub cap mask set
finished off his restored caps.
Point is it reminded me I have limited supply and any one w/ a C or D may
want to snag a set while stock lasts. I made them for my C and spent many
hours to reverse engineer in Auto Cad all the little windows and then have
them computer plot cut to perfection if I so myself. $60 set of 4 +
shipping. For those who may be interested go to my forever unfinished web
site www.glnelson.com and click on 57/58 300 to view 14 photos that shows
how it is applied and final results.
Kit comes with complete instructions and the rub down stick used in photos.
You will also see my special little 1923 "T", 392 Hemi powered Roadster
that I started building before I had a drivers license in 1957. Now, not
many can say they owned the same car for that long. Registered it for the
past 9 years since I live in Reno/Tahoe. Coming up in just over a week. Did
I over spend my nickel?

Gary

At 11:59 PM 07/20/2004 +0200, Philippe Courant wrote:
>Hi,
>Since two days i have again a fuel pump problem. First i must say that i
>use unleaded fuel (which is a little agressive in France ..) since 3 years
>Two years ago i change my pump because the "old" couldn't supply enough
>fuel when i floored the car. I bought a NOS pump on ebay, installed it
>and it works well....until last week-end ! On highway when the road
>climb i was out of fuel if i wanted to keep a 70 mph speed. The only
>solution was to release a little the gas pedal and not try to climb at
>more than 55 mph. On flat road no problem to run at 70 or 75 mph.
>Note that i took a look at the fuel filter, no problem ..
>
>So here are my questions:
>- i'll install an electric "Holley red" fuel pump i bought for spare
>last year. Is there some problem with unleaded gas with this type of pump ?
>- Where could i find a fuel pump kit for unleaded gas ? I've now two
>pumps to repair ...
>
>--
>
>Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
>
>Imperial 1957 Crown convertible
>
>Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon
>

>- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com
>

>- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f