Re: [Chrysler300] fuel pump

>Philippe

I would remove the fuel tank sending unit, remove (break off the filter
on the end of the suction tube) and check visually and by blowing air
through the suction tube  make sure it is not partially plugged.  I just
experienced my second plugged tube.   My first experience was a
partially plugged tube which prevented the my '62 from running at high
speed (carb would run out of gas).  I had rebuilt the carb, replaced
hoses, filters, fuel pump two times - all to no avail- before
discovering the partially restriction in the suction tube after I
removed the suction filter.
The second sending unit I pulled from the tank of another '62 I'm
working on, to find it completely plugged.  I tried soaking, drilling
with a flexible cable without any success.   I had to  straighten the
tube (in a vice)  and use solvent and 16" drill to drill out the hard
packed crud  (both cars had not been run for many many years -the gas
tanks were cleaned before putting cars back on the road)

I think it's worth a check of the sending unit.

Ken Wilson
San Jose, Calif.