[Chrysler300] Dead G Update

Good Evening,

As a recap, I had a freeze plug pop in a fresh motor this past Saturday
night. I drove 3 miles or less to make it home, off the freeway, but
running red lights. As I think about it now, the car restarted just fine
when I put it back in the garage that night only minutes after shutting
it off (we had to put the baby in bed). It was very hot for sure, but no
pinging or slow cranking. So, I am hoping that means that I didn't get
it so hot that something terminal (cracked block or head) occurred.

However, I did discover Sunday that #6 Cylinder was dead, no
compression. Earlier today, I blew compressed air into #6 spark plug
hole and only heard the air at the tailpipe, not through the left side
carb or the oil filler hole in the valve cover.

Now, I have just completed removing the right side intake (feeds the
left side cylinder bank, but covers the right side valve cover). With
the valve cover removed, all appears to be O.K. visually When I crank
the motor, all of the rockers appear to be moving properly. The only
thing I can tell that is different (and this is not scientific, I admit)
is that I can move the exhaust rocker for #6 side to side more than I
can ANY of the other rockers. Does this mean the valve broke? Push rod
appears to be O.K.

I had to call it a night as I am going to head out of town.

Thank you for all of your input so far, please keep it coming.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used