Re: [Chrysler300] Champions - NEVER!

In a message dated 8/15/2004 11:53:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I will never, ever put Champions in any of my cars. Going back to the early
> '80's, I used to run a fleet of taxicabs. We used Champion plugs. All of a
> sudden, around 1979 or 1980, all the cabs started to run like garbage after
> tune-ups. We traced the problem to the plugs - they were just plain bad.
> This issue continued for years.  Everytime Champions were installed, there
> were problems !
>
> Recently, I came across a stash of new Champions, and I didn't even want
> them, but my friend took some, and put them in a couple of his cars.  Same
> problem all over again - his cars running like junk, pliugs not firing
> anymore.... Replace plugs with any other brand (Autolite, A/C,
> Nippondenso, ) and no more problem.  I honestly believe that ANY brand of
> spark plug is O.K. - EXCEPT Champions.
>
> Did I make it clear that Champion spark plugs stink in my book ?
>
> John Hertog

Hi All:
It is amazing sometimes, the difference in experiences!!   This is certainly
not meant as an endorsement of Champion sparkplugs, but in 45 (could it be?)
years of driving and generally fooling around with cars, Champions are
generally what I have used----can't recall buying another brand, actually.  Perhaps I
just used them because originally Chrysler did.  I am sure the Champion
company has long since been bought out several times, and they are probably now made
in some place I have never heard of.  About a year ago finally replaced the
set in the 300H after 20,000+ miles.  It was running fine, but thought they
MUST need replacing by then!  Replaced with---you guessed it!   Well, maybe my
luck will run out one of these days.   Just my 1 1/2 cents worth.  300ly, Gil
C., Tallahassee, FL

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used