Re: [Chrysler300] headlight door relay problem

Re: [Chrysler300] headlight door relay problem

Hi,

I had the same experience on my 70 300.  It turned out that although the
shaft through the motor was properly inserted into the headlight door
receptacles, one door was stopping a little early, before the motor was
ready to shut off.  A motor mounting adjustment and some work on the door
fixed that.  The best way to check is to run the motor alone, without the
doors hooked up.  If the motor starts and stops properly in response to the
headlight switch, the problem was an alignment problem.  If the motor wants
to keep running in one or both directions, it is the limit contacts inside
the motor not working properly.  If they are not burned up, some cleaning
and polishing the contact faces might well fix the problem.

Bill Huff

  At 8/17/04 10:24 AM, steve fogel wrote:
>Hi....I have a unique problem on my 1970 300 Hurst.....the headlight doors
>open fine when you turn on the lights, but when you close the doors, the
>electric motor keeps running.....we held the knob on the motor, and heard
>a clicking behind the switch inside....my "expert" friends say it's a
>relay behind the dash.....any suggestions?

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
><http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>

>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ike1rv/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1706713852:HM/EXP=1092842657/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350>
>click here
>
>[]

>    *
> <mailto:Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe>Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>    *
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used