[Chrysler300] C-300 Outside Mirrors

I understand that 1955 C-300's were shipped without rear-view mirrors,
ostensibly to emphasize their racing design.  Also that dealer-installed
units were commonly available and installed.

Mine has cowl--mounted mirrors on each side and I'm not sure if they are
of Chrysler origin.  But they don't work worth squat in that location.
The driver's side unit is right in line with the A-pillar.  The leading
end of the lower adjustable mirror support has a rounded and bulbous
nose and the mirrors are 4.5" diameter.

I have seen photos of C-300's and I remember other outside rear-view
mirrors that clamped or screwed to the front of the vent window frame.
It seems these would work better and be more readily removable for
originality in shows.

I would appreciate being educated as to whether the dealer-installed
mirrors were fender-mounted, vent window frame mounted or both.  And
perhaps an opinion as to whether mine are the dealer-installed units.
Would there be MoPart numbers on the base?

Also a source for the frame-mounted units and an evaluation as to how
effective they might be at spotting Smokey at my six.

Thanks and MoPa'r to ya from

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
C-300