From: lettercars@xxxxxxx [mailto:lettercars@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 8:23 AM
To: seriousoverkill@xxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 300F

Hi Ron and All:
The original style 300F voltage regulator was plain black with the terminal
locations embossed (raised) on its cover, ARM, FLD, and BAT from top to
bottom.
 The armature and field terminals are on the "left" side, and the battery on

the lower right.  Some of these original part number regulators are still
available thru Parts Voice, but the cover is not correct.
The exhaust hangers I see in Gary's catalog are for the rear of the muffler
where it joins the tailpipe, not for the tailpipe end.  Those are much
smaller,
and impossible to describe by email!  I think they are the same, 1960-1964,
at least.  In both type hangers, the rubber is a loop made from a section of

old tire and bolted or riveted in position.
The band style clamps are used on the ram manifold equilizer tube, and
Corbin
clamps (spring, wire type) are used on the radiator, heater, and brake
vacuum
hoses.  For a good veiw on these, see our Club website, Tech dept, 300F
reference car.  The exact band clamps are a little hard to find.  I finally
found
the EXACT match for the larger ones from a Ford Model A (!) parts vendor at
swap meet.  They repro them as well, but I wanted originals.  Still
searching
for the smaller size, but have pretty good looking substitutes installed for

the time being that I came across somewhere.
I believe  ribbed heater hose is being repro'ed.  I must admit I do not know

for sure how many ribs (or grooves) the 300F had.  Can any member help on
this??  All original photos just don't seem to give the necessary detail.
Most
look like 4 or 5.
Hope this is of some help.  300ly, Gil C. in Tallahassee keeping a weather
eye on Frances.

For list server instructions, go to
Yahoo! Groups Links

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used