RE: [Chrysler300] '61 G Restoration

Mark,

Undergoing the restoration of a 300 G is a big project.  I would start out
by doing an overall analysis of exactly what you expect to accomplish.  How
bad is the car right now?  Does it need everything?  Paint, chrome,
mechanicals, interior?  Are some things done already? Done properly?  If not
remember the best bet is to do it right the first time, so you don't have to
redo it later.  Do you have a budget?  Is it realistic?

As far as body and interior shops go, I would start out discussing the car
with local area shops (don't know where you live).  Take the car there and
let them look at it to get a feel for what will be needed. In most cases you
will be better off dealing with local people because you can stop by and
check on the progress of the car.  You will also save on freight costs.

Can you do some of the work yourself?  Perhaps you could remove the chrome
yourself and work with a plater to get that part of the project done.  You
can do as much or as little of the work you want to do depending on your
budget and skill level.

Most of the 300 owners I know work on their own cars and enjoy doing it.  It
is a great way to experience the hobby, learn skills, and feel good about
their efforts.  This list is the best resource you could have, as we all
share a common interest...300s!

Bob J
Black 300 G convert
Danville, CA