Re: [Chrysler300] 4 Post Lifts -  Warning

Re: [Chrysler300] 4 Post Lifts -  Warning

Jeff,
I have a four post lift made by "Stinger". Made in USA.  I just checked and they do not have the same construction you have described with pins that could wear through. The cross members are welded to blocks inside the posts. (No pins whatsoever.)

The lift is raised and lowered by hydraulics, a huge piston cylinder that is connected to the four cables, one to each post, and powered by electric motor.  When at rest at desired height, the crossmembers rest on blocks welded to the posts and the cable tensions are just a little slack when you relieve the hydraulic pressure.

BUT, I would think that if there were a failure with the blocks, the cables connected to the hydraulic  piston would hold the set-up from complete collapse.  At least that's what I hope would happen if I had a failure somewhere in the construction. Of course if one corner goes, maybe the cables won't equalize or catch evenly and down comes baby.
Was yours hydraulic with cables?

Mine are 7 years old and without a problem so far. Fingers crossed.!
John Cote
CT.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used