Re: [Chrysler300] Mufflers For My 300F.

I don't know if this is helpful to you but we used to put mufflers called
Hush Thrushes on all our cars.  They were very inexpensive and came in many
different sizes so you could put them in nearly any exhaust system.  They
were a little bit load but sounded real good on a hemi.  Definitely a
pleasant sounding muffler.  They were made by Thrush.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer
Webmaster http://www.americandreamcars.com
Free Color Picture Ads for Collector Cars
One of the Ten Best Places To Buy or Sell a Collector Car on the Web

At 11:45 PM 10/12/2004, Gary Barker wrote:

>Ever since I put a pair of Dynomax mufflers on my 63 that are so loud
>you can hear the car coming for two blocks.  When I go down town through
>shopping centers all I do is set of car alarms.   ( That can be fun
>sometimes).   I like a real low tone like the old 440 cop cars used to be.
>  Well I tried a set of Hemi Mufflers on my Superbird and they are just
>like the old cop car mufflers.  Last week after a lot more research on
>different makes I put a set of  Series 70 Flowmaster Big Block on my
>Motor Home  which has a 413 Low Compression engine.  They are a little
>louder on the outside than the Hemi's but inside you can barely hear them.
>During my research and phone calls to different muffler manufactures
>trying to decide what to put on my 300F. I found out most companies
>don't make mufflers for big block engines anymore.  Most are Turbo and
>they are really for 4 & 6 cylinder engines  which won't take the heat
>that a high output V8 produces.  I wish I could test the Hemi against
>the Flowmaster for Flow.  Looking at them the Flowmasters have no
>packing in them. Their just a bunch of baffles forcing the gasses around
>a bunch of corners and compartments,    Where the Hemi's do have a
>packing in them.
>Has any of the members tried either of these mufflers, and what do you
>think?.
>
>     The Car Alarm Bandit-       Gary Barker

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to