Re: [Chrysler300] Power Buffer

Warren:

Detailing clay is similar in look and feel to the Silly Putty that you
played with as child.

However the beauty of it in detailing autos is its magical ability to remove
all types of materials from the finish of your paint or even glass.  These
materials can be overspray from paints, perhaps the metallic particles in
the air from railroad car wheels rubbing against steel rails, sap from
trees, and many other substances in the air.

The next time you was your car, just lightly drag your fingers over the
finish.  You will probably note that it is not smooth like glass, but
somewhat rough.  No matter how thoroughly you was even using a good soap you
will feel this stuff.  Now you can take a good cleaner/wax and with intense
scrubbing you can remove it, but you will work hard and also using cleaners
too much can damage the paint beyond repair.

How detail clay works is as follows.  You wash your car, you spray it
lightly with a lubricant such as Megiuars "Final Finish" or any of many such
products.  You then take a piece of this detail clay, about the size of a
package of cigarettes or smaller, and rub it very lightly against this
lubricated paint.  You then wipe clean with  a towel--this all will take
about 20 seconds for a 2 foot square--and then drag your fingers across what
you just "clayed".  You will be stunned to note that your finish is as
smooth as if you had just intensely polished it with a rubbing compound and
then waxed.

The way this stuff works is almost like when you have used a razor blade to
clean paint drops off of a window.  Except it is like a million little
blades scooping and removing all this residual crap that builds on your
paint and does it far faster and easier then using compounds.

The stuff has been around for about 10 years and was the best kept secret of
body shops(for removing overspray) and detail shops.  Now you can buy the
stuff at most major auto supply stores such as Pep Boys etc.  Megiuars,
Mothers and other companies sell kits with a small piece of clay and a
lubricant for 15 to 20 dollars.  Do a Google search on detail clay.  You
will find tons of info on it.   I assure you that it will astound you if you
have never used it before.

I am going to post this to the group so that others who may not be familiar
with it can check it out.  I have posted info on this in the past.  Hope you
do not mind.

Check out this website.  I think they are one of the best for detailing
supplies and information.  Incidentally I love the Klasse products  and if
you are not yet using microfibre cloths you are missing another excellent
idea.  Order a couple that are shaped like windshield bug cleaners.  They
are the handiest for cleaning the inside of your car windows and do a better
job then almost anything that you can use on windows to clean them in and
out.

Also love www.golustro.com for their polishing products.  I believe they are
among the best of the commercial type products.

http://www.properautocare.com/

The Cyclo buffer for those who do not know.  I love it for applying polish
and or wax.  However for more intense work you still need to prepare with a
high speed rotary buffer such as Milwaukee, Dewalt, or Makita.

http://nuvitechemical.com/cgi-bin/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NCS&Product_Code=EQ-137CP

Hope this helps some of you all.

Roger Schaaf