Re: [Chrysler300] 300C Brakes !?

I have to agree with Gil and Chris on the performance of the factory center
plane brakes.
The brakes on my G are over 50,000 miles old and are just now starting to
exhibit a small amount of pull when warmed up. I've been on many trips with
this car, and the brakes have always been there for me on the few occasions
I've had to stop really quick. Anyone who has driven my car or rode in it
can back that up. The shoes in my car came from NAPA back in 91 when you
could still get them there. Maybe the current "re-lined" shoes are not up to
par. I'll be changing mine soon, and will report on it after they are done.
I have also used silicone fluid since the brakes were rebuilt, and have had
no problems with wheel cylinders sticking after winter storage.
300ly,
    Don
Hi Chris and All:
Glad to hear someone out there likes their 300 brakes.  Drum brakes (both
centerplane and bendix) have a nice little feature called "servo" that, in
essence, applies more pressure to the shoe/drum friction area while you are
braking,
due to the geometry of the shoe movement.  Disks have no such feature, so
have to rely totally on line pressure to achieve the same braking
performance.
Yes, I know---the Total Contact Chrysler centerplane design has to be almost
perfectly set up to perform like yours, Chris, and, alright, I will
grudgingly
admit the fade resistance of disks is better (grumble, grumble) for the less
than  1% of the time it makes any difference!   300ly, Gil--drum
brake--Cunningham

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used