[Chrysler300] Shiny windshield wipers awry

[Chrysler300] Shiny windshield wipers awry

Hello 300'ly to all!
        Well I just installed all newly refinished stainless for the
windshield and rear window including the windshield wipers!  They look
brand new.  Enroute from a funeral this afternoon, Mopsey and I got
caught  in a light steady shower.  Turned on the wipers for the first
time (besides checking their function after dash assembly during the
restoration) and all worked well for about five minutes.  Then I heard a
ping from behind the gauge part of the dash and the driver's wiper laid
to rest.  The passenger side was still wiping.  O.K....the motor works
and what most lokely occurred was that the connecting clip or cotter key
was rusted and broke so the wiper slider said adios to the driver's side.
 I pull into the gas station to get gas and set the parking brake and I
turn the wiper switch to off and brush the back of my hand against the
emergency brake handle and receive a shock. Also I can't turn the wiper
off.  Upon jiggling the switch being careful not  to make contact with
anything metal at the same time I managed to shut the wiper down. All
electrical accessories work fine after testing.  No smoke or electrical
burning smell. Sounds like it is time for a new switch?  Any thoughts of
what switch to get...i.e. is there a new replacement made or just search
for NOS?  ROB KERN

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used