Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Breaking news...

I am glad the 300 got MT's highest honor. the car is
deserving of it. I also feel the word "HEMI" is being
degraded to the public domain as a generic term to
describe any vehicle from Chrysler. The word Hemi has
been reverred in auto circles for over 50 years. I
recall as a 14 year old about a 66 Satelite in our
town with the HEMI in it. In 1965 it was akin to the
Beatles coming to town for me.
Its going the way of Xerox, Skidoo, Coke and Zipper,
words that describe a generic product rather than an
elite one.
With on offence to the 52-58 Hemi, I still have only
one image when I hear "Hemi" Orange with black valve
covers and a Radar disc size air cleaner.

Paul Martin
300F
Vancouver BC