Re: [Chrysler300] Shop Loft

Hi Bill;
After welding the perimeter up, run it thru a drill press for the board
holes. Establish where they'll be, and drill away. With someone to feed
and steady the beam and a wooden jig for it to slide thru, you'll be
able to drill all the holes in a very short time. Using a hand drill or
the welder will be tedious and very slow.

Set up is the key, once the holes are drilled, you can set it up and
weld the steel frame together.

Let us know how it turns out and give us some photos, Ray
Y'all have a great holiday season, and tell all those special people
that you love them.

On Dec 28, 2004, at 11:36 PM, whuff wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded to my earlier post.? There were some great
> ideas, we have a lot of talent on this list.
>
> I think I will weld the 4" angles into box columns since they are
> already
> almost at the proper lengths.? They will be spaced at 8' intervals
> around
> the perimeter.
>
> The longer 3" angles I will weld back to back and use this "T" as the
> perimeter.? This will double up the perimeter bands both in horizontal
> thickness as well as double the vertical component of the angle.
>
> Oak planking it is, bolted to the angles.? More 3" angle welded into a
> "T"
> will form a center span with one column in the center thwart ships to
> the
> planking for added support.
>
> I think I will try to use a carbon arc rod to burn the bolt holes and
> see
> if that saves some drilling.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Bill Huff

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go
> tohttp://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <image.tiff>
> <image.tiff>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> 	? 	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> ?
> 	? 	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ?
> 	? 	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used