Re: [Chrysler300] Where can one find HIGHER OCTANE fuel???

Re: [Chrysler300] Where can one find HIGHER OCTANE fuel???

Hello and happy new year Tom and everyone!!   No i'ts not a stupid question because I wondered before about where to get high octane fuel without going to the airport myself! Try (high) performance shops or dune buggy shops and/or anything to that effect.  My G (big girl) demands over 100 octane herself due to that 10.1:1 compression ratio. I haven't really found an octane booster that is very effective (without ALSO retarding the timing!)   At a place called "B & R Buggy", in Oceanside, Ca. for example, I pay about $4.25/gallon for leaded 111 oct. racing fuel.  The owner informed me 1 part of 91 oct (91 is highest in Calif!!), to 1 part of 111 (what he has), mixes a 'batch' up of about 99 octane. One would think it would be around 101 but he knows (as far as I know) and that's what he tells me. Also, I can get leaded 111 racing fuel at a petroleum company here in San Diego but with the government compliance fees, i'ts almost $6/gallon! Sorry, I have no knowledge of as to if those
 companies are present where you are in Miami, Florida.  Hope I was of some help!         Sincerely and 300ly,  Brandt H. Jimerson at brandt300g@xxxxxxxxx  .

trkosky@xxxxxxx wrote:Happy New Year to everyone out there in Chryslerland!

Please excuse me in advance if this sounds like a stupid question, but

The highest octane rating available at the gas pump appears to be 93 octane
which is today's premium.  The big girl is supposed to run on 103 which is
essentially jet fuel.  Without going to the airport to fuel up (ha ha), are there
service stations / petrol companies out there anymore which sell higher octane
fuel?  Assuming the answer is "NO", what can one do to boost the octane???

Happy Holidays, and Happy Chryslering!

Tom
Miami, Florida

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT