Re: [Chrysler300] Intake Manifold

I'm guessing that the main reason for a single if it was available
would be cost. 1 being cheaper than 2, size matters little, they all
use the same parts pretty much.

Having the bosses for F.I. cast on the manifold may mean they plan to
produce a F.I. unit in the future!
8 injectors, 2 fuel logs, electric fuel pump and regulator, an air flow
meter that would hold the original air cleaner, a MAP sensor, and some
weldable O2 ports and sensors for the exhausts. Of course, some wiring
and the heart, a programable computer. These are infinitely tunable,
and would be real fun to install. Sure wouldn't be boring-!!

Ray

On Jan 3, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Jess wrote:

> If memory serves (it might not), Tom Hoover, a Chrysler engineer
> largely credited with the development of the 426 Hemi, said in? a
> somewhat recent article that the first 426 Hemis used dual quads only
> because there was no single four at the time capable of delivering the
> quantity of fuel required and still be reliable. He indicated that if
> carb technology had been what it is today, the production hemi would
> have had a single four.
> Chrysler today sells a single four intake for the 426 Hemi - their
> research has shown that the single four intake makes AT LEAST the same
> horsepower but also MORE torque than the dual quad.
> Either way, if you really want to spice up your 300,
> Ray jones has the right idea - fuel injection. Coincidentally, that
> new intake sold by Chrysler has fuel injection bosses already cast in
> the intake!!!
>
> Jeff Miklas

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go
> tohttp://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> 	? 	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> ?
> 	? 	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ?
> 	? 	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Links