Re: [Chrysler300] Fuel and related

Hi Jim,
I have a suggested solution to your fuel injection problem that circumvents most ot the issues that you have envisioned. Holley markets a fuel injection system that will drive two throttle body type injectors. Two throttle body injectors would be required to replace each carburetor(P/N 950-23S). The computer is P/N 534-122. This system meters fuel through four injectors on each body similar to the four metering clusters in your carburetors. Fuel is introduced at the carburetor end of the ram tubes just like stock. No need to cut up the rams at all. You would need to find a place for the MAP sensor, probably in the crossover tube. You would also need the corresponding electric fuel pump and probably a long list of assorted dodads to fit it all together. The computer fuel curve is programmable through software provided by Holley to load on a laptop. Holley is very helpful on projects like this. But I think it would run rings around carburetors. 4 mpg? This is very low even for a ram car. Most would get pretty good mileage when driven sensibly. Good luck. Larry Johnson

From: " Jim McMullan" <macthehammer@xxxx>
To: "Melton Ray" <rmelton@xxxx>, "Chrysler300" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] Fuel and related
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:19:52 -0700

Hi Again Ray.I put my F in storage in 1981 .Saving it for a retirement
project! One of the main reasons was lack of good Fuel. Cam2 was a option at
around $2.00 a gal. But at 4M.P.G.and you were never sure you could get it
on the other end.I am currently in the planning stage of the restoration
.One consideration is I live at see levial -the shop is at 3000 ft.-the pass
over the mountain to Nevada is 8000 ft. A b/map sensor will solve the main
problem.But that means F/I .The throttle body F/I would be a way to go
but balance with two on long rams is something I don't want to even
think about.I suppose one could split the system and run it as two 4 cyl.engines
with 2 of everything (oxy.-maps-temp-knock-sensors ect.) But E.F.I sounds like a
better way to go.Sort of hate to drill the long rams for the injectors but I
have a spare set and the holes can always be plugged and tigg weleded.I prickled
the engine when I put it away so when I tear it down will go with the hard
seats.Your solution to the octane problem sounds like a winner. I knew someone
out there had tackled it.Now has anyone out there tired a NASCAR type rear end
.Full floater with discs? And what about body reinforcement at the front of the
rear spring mounts.Ive sean too many F and G with cracks at the top of the
finders by the rear window ! Torque is wonderful but it can be a problem.
Jim.

---

--- macthehammer@xxxx

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.