300 Meet in Palm Springs

Drove home from Palm Springs yesterday after a great gathering of 300 Clubbers in Palm Springs. Great food, great company, and GREAT CARS. We visited a very exclusive collection at the Ponde Estate--cars from 30's classics to Aston Martins to 50's convertibles to Ferraris--quite overwhelming and a thrill to get to see the cars. Also a trip to the Air Museum put together by this same Mr. Ponde, I believe. Beautiful display of WWII planes and photos and descriptions plus volunteers giving descriptive, informational talks. Then off to our show at our own private parking lot, great sandwiches/drinks and more good visiting. Richard and I were made to feel very welcome-- a really nice group of folks. We really had a good time. So many thanks to Moana and Jerry and Ken and Cele and everybody else.

This all was at the end of a long road trip via Kalispell, MT, to pick up and interior. Lucky us!! WE got to visit Gary at his home and then again in Palm Springs. Picked up out two 300G's at George Riehl's in Jonesville, MI. Had a great visit with George and with Elinor. Loaded the "show" car on the trailer and the "driver" on its own stead behind. Made it as far as Gallup, NM, in this mode, but there were definte signs of strain, like a bit too much tranny smoke coming out the back. Loaded up the "driver", and started up the "show" car. Drive beautifully all the way to Palm Springs and then all the way home to Berkeley, 500 plus miles yesterday. Now to find space for them!!

Anyway, that's the sort of short version. Had a thrill of a lifetime drive through Yellowstone along the way as well.

Good to be home.

Henry Hopkins, Richard Palmer