winter storage

as we are getting close to the winter months, it is
time to decide on the proper storage methods for those
vehicles that are going into hard storage, ie storage
for four to six months of inactivity. any thoughts
from members as to the procedures they use to store
their cars for the winter months would be welcome.
thanks, jim