From: JLSAVARD@xxxx [mailto:JLSAVARD@xxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2001 10:09 PM
To: wgraefen@xxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] C Leaf Spring Free Height

Wayne and All,

According to the scuttlebutt at Chrysler Engineering at the time, whoever
designed the rear springs for the 1957 Chrysler products used the unladen
weight instead of the laden weight to calculate the specs for the springs.
There were a lot of people changing rear springs because of it.

I laid out in a snowbank to swap springs from a '57 and a '58, because the
difference was so noticeable. (I was lots younger at the time!)

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI