From: Jonathan Sacks <jwsacks@xxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Engine/Compression question
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:19:14 -0800 (PST)
From sentto-3732744-644-1005938355-laurence_g_johnson Fri, 16 Nov 2001
11:23:18 -0800

Hi all,

Quick question about compression:

I just had my 413 rebuilt along with the carb.
Replaced/rebuilt a lot of the other engine components
at the same time.

Unfortunately, after putting it all together and
starting it up I find that I have low compression in
two chambers. Around 30 when of course it should be up
around 90.

Now I've heard differing views on this, but my
question is, can the compression problems be anywhere
besides inside the chamber. Like in the carb, maybe?
Or does it have to be either the rings or how the
valves are seated?

I guess what I'm asking is, am I going to have to pull
the engine off and get the rebuilders to take it apart
again?

Always grateful for the advice,
Jonathan