Battery storage question

Winter has been so mild this year in the Wisconsin northwoods I delayed removing the battery from my C until today. I normally charge it at this time and store it on wood blocks in the basement until spring. Is that good procedure for prolonging battery life? Should it be recharged in the spring? I don't get to drive my C much and only put on a few hundred miles a year.

Thanks for your help,

Carlton Schroeder, 300C