Ball and trunnion conversion

Hey Everyone,
An update on the U-joint conversation. I had a vibration in my 62 while
driving so after checking other things I figured it was the driveshaft. The
ball and trunnion joint had some play in it and the rear u-joint was pretty
stiff. I bounced around on whether to fix the old joint or convert it to a
new system. So I took the shaft off and brought it down to the driveshaft
shop here in L.A. Talking to the guys at the driveshaft shop, they convinced
me to convert it. They had one sitting there they had done the day before. It
looked like a more reliable piece than my trunnion joint, and even with
fixing the trunnion joint I worry about wear in the housing.
When they convert the driveshaft, the shaft is cut about 6 to 8 inches
behind the ball and trunnion joint. The male end of a slip spline (I think
that's what they called it) Is welded onto the existing driveshaft. A female
end of the slip spline, which has a yoke on one end, is slid over the male
end. A U-joint connects the driveshaft to another yoke which is mounted on a
plate, that has the same diameter and bolt pattern as the trunnion housing.
It's fairly straightforward and it seems to be a lot stronger than the old
joint. If anybody wants to see pictures, Just E-mail me.
This conversion seemed like the right thing to do, but after installing
the driveshaft the vibration was still there. It was better but it was still
there.
To make a long story short, a little arcing of the front brake shoes caused
the vibration to go away. At least I won't have to worry about my drive shaft
for a while, and when I shift between drive and reverse there's no clanking
sound anymore.

I think I've rambled enough,
See ya,
Sean