Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Chrysler carb question

Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Chrysler carb question

John and All,

I appologize for the late response, I've been away on a family
emergency.

I have a 3800 pound Dodge (not including my 250+ lb. body) that I used
to race. This car went low 12's in the 1/4mile through the mufflers. The
car had and still has a competition ThermoQuad carborator (950cfm).

I tell you this only to qualify the fact I have spent many hours inside
of this beast of a carb. Additionally, I have run a TQ on many other
engines. Based on what you have said, the needle and seat need replaced
as do the floats.

These carbs have a bad reputation. This is partially due to their
sensitive nature. They respond well to minute tuning.

The condition you are describing tells me fuel continues to enter the
fuel bowls after the engine is turned off, and therefore able to drip
down the venturies of the carb. This is nothing unique to the Thermoquad
when the needle and seat and/or float are faulty, people tend to look at
other possibilities due to the unique characteristics of the carb.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

>>> "NOWOSACKI,JOHN (A-USA,ex1)" <john_nowosacki@xxxx> 04/07/02
06:15PM >>>