----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Pristelski" <ajp002@xxxx>
> John,
>
> I am on the same side of this issue as Jeff. I have adjusted the play out
> of many gear boxes, including on my 1994 Dodge van. I figure that
Chrysler
> Corp would not have put the adjustment there if it wasn't to be used!!
Best
> regards, Jim

I can't help but add to Jim's e-mail... the BEST result I have obtained as
far as "tight" box and good feel is by having my steering box ( 1961 300G )
rebuilt by Steer and Gear, to firm feel spec. Of course, when reinstalling,
a new bushing between the sahft and box... and new copper strip for horn
contact...
John