Re: [Chrysler300] Mopar vs Bowtie.....Group Effort

Re: [Chrysler300] Mopar vs Bowtie.....Group Effort

Amen to that!!

BTW - unclamping the springs was suggested - but do *not* UN-clamp the front
(the part in front of the axle) - this part of the spring should remain
"stiff" - it acts like a "traction bar". Also, someone mentioned removing
the front shocks - I don't recommend that (things might get a bit hairy on
the top-end - especially if the track has any "dips" or whatever) - but an
alternative is to just "loosen" the top nuts on the shocks, - run them all
the way up to the top. If the nuts turn too easily (like you can just
"spin" them with your hand when they get up to the top), - just "double-nut"
them. This will allow the front end to rise quickly (and thus hopefully
"plant" the rear tires), but still allow for *some* control if the going
gets a bit rough at 90 mph or so.

As has been pointed out, THE most important part of this race is going to be
right at the starting line - i.e., HOOK the beast.
And don't forget to "trim the tree" - Junior might get a little "anxious"
and red light - especially since (hopefully) the big Chrysler will be about
70 or 75 ft down the track before he can even GO - and a win is a win,
red-light or not eh? (well, maybe not in this case).
I really hope he does *not* redlight, since that only increases his chances
of passing you.

At any rate, DO try and get in some "practice runs" (mostly "launches".
Only trial & error will reveal the best technique for your particular car -
and don't forget that the "average" street can provide *better* traction
than the average strip (especially with street tires), so try and get a few
"launches" in on the track where you are going to run.

LTR
DaveG.