Mopar vs. Bowtie ... 300F

Hi all:

I have to beg to differ with the e-mails stating that the 300F is not so
quick off the line. My first new car was a '56 Dodge D500. I never lost a
drag race until the tri-powered Pontiacs came out. My D500 was blazing off
the line. BUT, having owned and driven both the D500 and now my 300F, it
would have never stood a chance against my 300F.

In January of 1996, John Characky finished rebuilding my engine, etc. We put
later model 440 heads on it but all else remained stock. I could run 87
octane with no pinging at 12 degrees btdc. The throttle was extremely
touchy. With 92 octane, and just a touch of the throttle, the F would
literally leap across intersections, so much so, that I opted to back off the
timing to stock 5 degrees btdc. It is still quick but more managable.
Before, I had a guilt complex hoping that other drivers would not think I was
showing off. I don't need a ticket.

If Lefty runs 95+ octane and doesn't screw up off the line, that bowtie will
never catch him.

Yous da man Lefty, yous da man!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA
300F