Re: [Chrysler300] Carburator Cleaning

Chuck

I posted that walnut shells in a blast cabinet is excellent for removing dirt, corrosion. This media does not move or alter soft metals like aluminum or pot metal. I dedicate a blast cabinet to walnut shells so there is no cross contamination of media. The carb must be completely dissasembled and take care to blow out all media. I soak in alcohol,(not so volatile) and blow out every orifice from both directions. I repeat that a few times. Wear your eye protection.
For cast iron bases like you find on WCFB's I use a fine glass bead. I know some will cringe thinking what about glass getting in between shaft and shaft bores. I do it very carefully, (don't recomend trying unless you have experiance). Glass media works so well on cast iron as it will remove all rust and leave bright cast metal. Raw cast iorn will start to rust, especilly in humid climates. My cure for that is to mask and spray the exterior with a satin clear.
All linkage can be glass beaded and sprayed with Kryon dull aluminum #1403. This and excellent replication to cad plating and beats
shipping parts to plater and pay $50 or more minimum charge.

Hope this helps.

Gary, The Parts Doc