1962 300 Needs

Aside from the below questions.I have two more which I need help on:
1.	The steering column is supported inside under the dash by 2 nuts
whose studs are threaded into an aluminum cast piece. One of the sides
is stripped in the aluminum piece. How do I fix that?
2.	Pulled off the A/C-heat box (the long one not housing the heater
core). There are 2 rubber flaps that have disintegrated. Are they
needed? What do they do? Do I need to find replacements of some kind?

Tearing into the '62 300 and are wonder about some things and am looking
for the following items, if anyone may have them for sale.

*	Does the ignition switch bezel come apart from the green lens so
that it may be re-chromed?
*	Can the push buttons for the trans. & A/C be separated from
their plastic indicators; again to be re-chromed?
*	Anyone have a deluxe horn ring for sale with saddle tan pads?
*	Anyone have a driver's side plastic A/C duct that goes between
the A/C hose & the A/C swivels for sale?
*	Anyone have a spare pin that holds the lower A/C horizontal vent
to its chrome housing? This is the vent located drivers side under the
dash. Or can someone recommend a suitable item to use in place of a
factory pin?
*	Anyone have a switch & knob for the lower dash supports for
sale? I'm looking to replace a current dummy knob at the "Rear Window"
hole and hook up my factory rear defrost. I'll use a dome or map light
switch & forego the dual speed switch.
*	1 non-300 question, if I may.(Anyone know if a wagon tailgate
torsion bar can be adjusted so the tailgate doesn't drop like a lead
weight? It was working fine & all of the sudden Jennifer has insane
biceps from opening & closing the thing!)

Thanks!
Matt Allyn