From: Gary Nelson [mailto:Gary@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 4:51 PM
To: Rusty and Thelma Roe; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 57 300C Stuff

Rusty,
I have learned that a good single viscosity oil is best, like 30 wt. If car
has plenty of miles and the fact that it is summer I would use 40 wt. I can
not remember the specific reason a multi viscosity is not recommended.
Maybe someone one the server can pick up on that issue.
As far as ATF, although Mopar calls for Dextron II, Type F is the preferred
oil. It is less slippery and works better with clutches and bands. This is
obvious. Make sure they drain the torque converter also. Good luck on that
trip. Hope that A/C is up to snuff. At least I know you have a spare water
pump.