Re: [Chrysler300] Tie Rod Setting?

Hi Matt and all

When you are doing a guesstimate on toe out you do not go by the amount of threads. The rule of thumb I have used since I was a kid, (that was a long time ago) you have the front of the tires 1/8" further apart than the back. This can be accomplished by jacking front of car, take an awl or other sharp point, spin ea. tire and make a mark on the rubber near center. Adjust rod end adjusters close to equal until the front set of lines on tires are 1/8" further apart than back measurement. This should keep the car tracking straight and not drifting side to side till you get to an alignment shop. As kids that was it. Never went to alignment shop. Don't recommend that as you need both caster and camber checked to do it right.

Gary, The Parts Doc