Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Chrome

I was at a classic car meet in Fort Lauderdale last weekend, and one guy (who has 50+ prime collector cars from the 50's) brought his newly-acquired red 1958 New Yorker convertible, 4,800 original miles----It had a "Spring Package" option, which, according to the new owner, included wire wheels, a rear rubber splashguard (like a 40"+ wide by 1" tall version of what you'd see on a 60's station wagon) that was attached under the rear bumper to the chassis, and six horizontal chrome slats on the trunk lid (three on each side of the license plate). I've seen the 2-tone/3-tone Spring packages on the '55s & '56s (non-300s), but did this package ever make it to a 300?
John Spiers
pennsy300@xxxx wrote:<PRE>I agree with Hertog about the chrome doodads on the front fenders and about
the stainless wheel-well mouldings. But what about the little stainless
anti-stone things at the leading edge of the real wheel cutouts in the real
quarter panels? I've seen a LOT of F's with these (my current F has them),
and I can't find them in any of the old literature.