From: paul holmgren
To: L.Andrew Jugle
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] FM radios in 1964 and 65

"L.Andrew Jugle" wrote:

snip

> If it was an option in '64 300, the radios are certainly rarer than
> the cars. If your find one, it would be a sin to gut it
> and "modernize". Better you just carry a "boom" box. The early FM
> units are kinda like factory 4 speeds, but rarer.

> L.Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL

I have seriously considered tapping into my radio between the preamp
stage and the amp stage so I could just plug a "boom Box" into the
factory radio. Any good radio technician can do this with the
schematics in hand. If I want stereo its no biggy to install the
speakers with concealable plugs wired to them so that the output
of a boombox can be plugged into them. Even a small AM/FM walkman
could supply a good signal to a set of amplified speakers

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6