Dawn and gassy vinyls

I noticed the phenominom of gassing vinyls in the
early 70's with cars with all vinyl interiors.
particularly a 73 Duster I had new and while riding in
a friends 74 Hornet.(Seriously not my car) I again
noticed it about 10 years ago in a new VW Jetta with
all vinyl interior.(not my car either)
Fast forward to 2001, I just finished restoring a
vintage police car and wanted the interior be be as
correct as possible for the year,so I went with the
rubber floor mat and all vinyl seats. My upholsterer
advised me when ordering the seat material to spend
the extra and get the better vinyl material that would
have been used as trim in upscale cars and not the
cheap stuff used in base models. His reason is the
cheap stuff never stops gassing. Its been a year since
I installed the interior and I do not have the fogging
on the glass as described in this exchange.

As far as using Dawn for the windows, She hasn't done
my windows since I broke up with her 25 years ago. (OK
bad attempt at humor)
Paul
300F
Vancouver BC