Re: [Chrysler300] starter drive

>With the starter on our C freshly rebuilt, it's now strong enough to cause
the Bendix drive overrun clutch to slip. Sometimes takes several tries to
get it to catch and crank the engine. Local suppliers can't get one.
Anyone have a good spare drive assembly or know of a potential source?

>Park Waldrop
>Atlanta

You didn't mention which local suppliers but NAPA out of Atlanta lists one
in my book for a '57; Balkamp 656-1097.

Also, have you checked the condition of the teeth on the ring gear?